• Geely Holding Group targets carbon neutrality across entire value chain by 2045。
• Joined UNGC with commitment to the ten principles of the Compact and 17 UNSDGs
• Commitment to ESG elevated with board level Environmental, Social and Governance Committee
• Sales of plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles across the Group increased approximately 94% YoY
• Total installed solar power capacity in China reach 110MW with appr. 79,548 MWh used
• Industrial water recycling rates at manufacturing sites reach 97.57%
• Phase out of single-use plastics across manufacturing bases planned
• Usage of recycled sustainable materials prioritized in production
2022 June 27th, Hangzhou, China. Geely Holding Group publishes their 2020 and 2021 Sustainability Reports. The reports can be found here on Geely Holding’s official website.
In 2021, Geely Holding Group joined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), committing itself to upholding the ten principles of the Compact covering human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption as well as contributing to the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals in its strategies and operations. Aligning with those commitments, the Group has announced in its report that it is aiming to achieve carbon neutrality across its entire value chain by 2045. Individual businesses and brands under the Group have also formulated their own carbon neutrality strategies and goals with step-by-step roadmaps.
• Geely Auto have announced their goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2045 and reducing whole vehicle lifecycle carbon emissions 25% by 2025.
• Volvo Cars have announced their goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2040, climate neutral manufacturing and operations by 2025, and become a 100% BEV company by 2030.
• Polestar have announced their goal of introducing a fully carbon-neutral automotive product and eliminating carbon emissions from their supply chain and production by 2030.
Elevating the importance of sustainability management, the Group has established a board level Environmental, Social and Governance Committee to guide and facilitate the implementation of sustainability initiatives across the Group’s businesses and brands. In addition, a Collaboration Steering Group has been established composed of the CEO of Geely Holding and CEOs of affiliated brands and businesses to encourage ESG resource sharing and mutual empowerment across the Group.